I became involved with a company marketing (multi - level) an energy based potassium food supplement called MATOL. It really worked, I got excited, passed that excitement on to a lot of people I knew and looked forward to making some money (maybe) as a supplement to my job. The business involved personal contact.
Then I moved. (Bad timing)
It was necessary (no I was not hiding from the police). I of course moved 600 miles to a place where I knew NO ONE.
So much for the business.
One of the main thrusts of this product was that, due to the natural ingrediants, it had no 'shelf life' (meaning it would NEVER spoil and be unusable). Also one could cease selling at any time.
I had $800 worth of product and called the company, explained my problem, and asked where I could send the product for refund.
The reponse was that THE PRODUCT WAS TOO OLD (it had been about 6 months).
WHAT!!!!! was my response.
So it started - the letters. I will cut this information short as it is similar to Negotiating #1 by saying that I again wrote letters and moved up the chain of command over a 2 year period. I maintained a good attitude in these letters, getting a little mad in a couple but staying confident in the CORRECT position I had.
My request was refused at each stage. I also had 1-2 phone conversations.
My last letter was very demanding and I placed at the bottom the following:
CC (meaning carbon copy was being sent to )
Ontario Newspapers - Toronto Star, Toronto Sun, Windsor Star, 2 others in London and Calgary, as well a Law Firm
Two days later I received a phone call asking which bank I wanted the full $800 sent to.
No comments:
Post a Comment